Thursday, September 3, 2009

BROKEN and BURNED in LA

                                                                        (photo by: Pavel Morozov)
I feel like I've been allover the place lately. Korean Frank and I went to the Adirondacks to scout some scene locations for his new movie. Which later, after eating Japanese shabu in the village,  I was stranded in New York...but not for long. A friend of mine came to the rescue and let me crash at her place. And you know, for the first time I realised I could open up to her. I never realised how much we share in common or like the various new bands we like- it was an eye opener! I know I'm sounding all "Robert Smith" but that night made me realise something about me- I was way too aloof for my own good. 
I sat in her room listening to Edwarde Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros meanwhile watching her load photos of Jay-Z and Beyonce at Sunday's Grizzly Bear concert.  Jay-Z is really tall. Soon after our moment, I found myself fleeting through the NYC subways and Ivy bound through Philly to meet with my folks before leaving town. That's when I realised I left my phone charger in Brooklyn-DAMN! But it's all good. I'll be in LA in no time and hanging out with Bea'. This weekend, I plan to play frisbee and find me some good LA arrachera tacos! I hear that when you're suffering from loss, it means you're suffering from pain. You've been burned. The object to living well,  is to avoid pain altogether and accept pleasure- Unknown pleasures!
Songs to pleasurize yourself to:
Video: Desert Song by ESATMZ
Blue Foundation- Bonfires- From the album Sweep of Days
Yacht- Psychic City-From 2009 album on DFA records See Mystery Lights


No comments:

Post a Comment